Home » 🛸 Course Map đź—ş » Learning System

Learning System

Accessibility Statement: This is an access-centered course and I take the needs of my students seriously. I welcome neurodiversity, physical disability, illness, mental/emotional health, and any other bodymind needs not listed here. Please let me know how I can support your learning. 

Attendance: This is an asynchronous course, please “attend” in whatever way is best for you (watching recordings, emailing me, reading transcripts, etc.) We will connect 1:1 through your weekly Curiosity Journal so we have an opportunity to get to know each other. 

Electronics and Communication: We’ll be using this course site, Google Drive, your CCNY email for announcements, Zoom and Slack. 

Academic Integrity: From Katherine McKittrick’s Dear Science and Other Stories: â€śCitations are tasted to resist racial and gendered violence through the sharing of ideas” (30). “When we are doing our very best work, we are acknowledging the shared and collaborative intellectual praxis that makes our research what it is” (31). “We must recognize black studies not as a citational project of naming and unnaming, but instead as sharing ideas about how to struggle against oppression” (28).

Let’s always acknowledge all of those who came before us and all of those we’re in conversation with. Plagiarism, like whiteness, is stealing something and claiming it as your own with no attribution. Let’s not perpetuate these destructive systems. 

Student Support Services: 

AccessAbility Center Tutoring Services, provides one-on-one tutoring and workshops to all registered students with learning or physical disabilities. If you’re not registered as disabled and need support ASK ME.

The Writing Center: Should you find yourself in need of additional writing assistance, the Writing Center is available to you. I am also happy to provide a list of additional support services if requested.